The Prism and the Sunbeam
The Prism and the Sunbeam
represent the difference between raw potential and revealed identity .
This extended fable explores how we often hide our truest gifts until we
encounter someone or something that can break through our surface,
proving that we are all full of hidden colors waiting for the right
moment to shine.
The Blind Traveler
The
Sunbeam was a traveler of infinite speed, born from the nuclear heart
of the sun. He shot across ninety-three million miles of empty space,
pure, blinding, and perfectly straight. He was a singular lance of white
light. He believed he was simple, uniform, and entirely without
secrets.
"I am the daylight," the Sunbeam declared as he pierced through the earth's atmosphere. "I
am bright, I am fast, and I am a single, unwavering line. My job is to
chase away the shadows, and I do it without changing my shape or my
tone."
He
viewed himself as a useful, hardworking tool of the sky, entirely
unaware of the magnificent magic hidden inside his own blinding white
light.
The Glass Fortress
On
a wooden desk near a high window sat the Prism. She was a heavy piece
of solid, flawlessly polished glass, carved into a perfect triangle. She
had no light of her own; she sat in the shadows, cold, heavy, and
completely transparent. To the rest of the room, she looked like an
ornament of ice—beautiful, but entirely empty.
"I am a fortress of glass," the Prism whispered, her sharp angles catching the dusty air. "I do not create anything. I hold no fire, and I have no voice. I am just a quiet boundary through which the world looks."
She felt useless, a heavy prop in a world full of moving winds and living creatures.
The Beautiful Fracture
As
the afternoon sun shifted, the straight, white lance of the Sunbeam
shot through the window glass and struck the Prism’s angled face at a
precise, sharp angle.
The
moment he entered her glass body, the Sunbeam felt a sudden, terrifying
shift. He wasn't stopped, but he was slowed down. The heavy density of
the glass bent his straight path. "You are breaking me!" the Sunbeam cried out, feeling his singular white light bend, fracture, and separate. "I am losing my direction!"
The Prism felt a sudden, intense warmth flooding through her cold, transparent core. "Do not fight the bend, traveler," she whispered, her internal angles catching his energy. "You aren't breaking. You are unfolding."
The Symphony of Color
As the Sunbeam passed through the opposite side of the glass, he did not emerge as a boring line of white light.
Because
the Prism had bent his wavelengths at different angles, she had
unlocked his hidden truth. Shattering out from her glass face across the
white wall of the room came a breathtaking, magnificent Rainbow. There
was a ribbon of fierce crimson, a stripe of blazing amber, a path of
golden yellow, a field of emerald green, a river of sapphire blue, and a
shadow of deep violet. [1]
The room transformed into a palace of pure, shimmering color.
The Sunbeam looked at the wall in absolute awe. "Is that... me?" he gasped, his light now vibrating in seven different frequencies at once. "I thought I was just white."
The Prism, now glowing from within, smiled. "White light is not the absence of color," she softly replied. "It
is all the colors of the universe traveling together so fast that they
hide one another. Without my hard angles to slow you down and bend your
path, you would have traveled forever, never knowing the beauty you
carried inside your soul."
The Architecture of Revelation
The
Sunbeam finally understood his own depth, and the Prism finally found
her purpose. She was not an empty block of glass; she was a translator
of light. And he was not a simple tool of the day; he was a walking
canvas of the heavens.
They
taught the quiet room that the hardest trials in our lives—the moments
that slow us down, bend our paths, and feel like they are fracturing our
identity—are often the very prisms that reveal who we truly are. We are
all full of hidden brilliance, and we only show our truest colors when
we allow life’s adjustments to bend our light and show the world what we
are made of.
Disclaimer: I am posting these stories, to share hope, a different outlook, and a gentle reminder to
us all that we are not alone. Together, we can make a difference. I claim no ownership of the Fables I am posting. All talent is directed to the unknown writer of these magnificent works.
-- Roz

Comments
Post a Comment